Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fullmoon Bongzai - Noisense (2008)

Look at the cover motherfucker it's a bunch of motherfucking goats and a pink motherfucking black metal logo. Fuck.
I gave it a spin, and, maaan, was my habit of downloading bands with weird names rewarded! Hipsters are gonna cream their collective 120$-a-pair underpants when they'll hear this. I guess I could say it's idm/ebm/power electronics/psychedelic trance/any other bullshit electronica subcategory I've never heard of, but, in essence and structure, it's black metal with quite a sense of humor, played with atypic instruments for black metal. Shitting at the end of the rainbow is an "interpretation" of Ved Buens Ende..., the guy from Varathron provides vocals for three tracks, and various samples from artists such as Diamanda Galas and Screamin' Jay Hawkins are deformed for your entertainment. I feel somehow guilty for liking this a lot, I feel like I should wear tight, Armani t-shirts, memorise the initial cast of "Cats" on Broadway, and try cocaine at rave parties. It's not a true album, but it's a very, very entertaining listen.
Get this if you're a fan of unique sounds or any music with a sense of humor.

Download

-Radu

1 comment: