Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora (2004)


Quite often this album gets voted as the second best album in the Drudkh discography next to their first offering 'Forgotten Legends', a sentiment I just can not share.

This album is one of a very few black metal albums that I can refer to as beautiful, the sense of melancholy and the representation of the change of seasons, the depressing yet uplifting feel of Autumn is presented through a series of long atmospheric repetitive guitar riffs and synths that bring forth an organic and fresh sound to the music of Drudkh and to that of the atmospheric black metal genre.

The defining moment on this album comes in the form of 'sunwheel' a surprisingly optimistic and joyful black metal track with a very melancholic undertone that really highlights all the key things I have mentioned about this album, a track which earns it's place as one of my favourite if not my favourite black metal song.


Genre:
Black Metal
Download:
Rapidshare
Disclaimer: None of the albums I add are uploaded by myself and are intended for promotional purposes only, if you enjoy the album please support artists by buying records.


- RTG

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100%, this is one of the best black metal albums I've ever heard. Weird that Forgotten Legends is seen as their best. I'd give it about 96-97

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was a hard choice man I could have even given this album 100, it may be one of the best albums i've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete